Wednesday 21 January 2015

RUNNING A BUSSINESS: SHARING AN EXPERIENCE – FERGUSSON COLLEGE DAY 1 & 2


After one week gap of useless excuses, I went to Fergusson College, Shivajinagar, Pune for promotional campaigning. I wasn’t in flow, my confidence was down. In addition to that I had to do everything in college campus. It has a huge campus, so no one hangs out outside of college. On first day, I didn’t do anything. I could dare to do it in campus. The feeling of breaking the rules and not being in flow was overwhelming. I could not gather courage to show up. I knew everything what to do, but for 2 hours I was roaming in campus. I thought that I should not waste time for no reason. I observed everything, where people hang out, where are security guards, where are kattas, what kind of people study there, so basically I wanted to know the whole scenario. For the first day, I didn’t approach anyone due to no reason, but I gathered the information needed.

As I didn’t do anything on day one, I decided that today I will approach the first group I’ll come across. Before entering in the campus, I was ready with everything I needed to show up and saw the first group of 10 students. Without thinking twice, I approached them. This time I changed a strategy little bit. In modern college, it was explaining the whole file, all about my work, services I provide and then giving a demo of analysis of smile to a random person from the group. This time, after giving a short introduction about me & informing about what I do, I picked the most popular guy of the group using simple observations. The one who shows the most interest and first to take initiative to take the file from me to know what it is about. As I started telling about him, everyone was nodding in surprise and as soon as I finished telling about him, everyone in the group was like ‘wow, man! You got it all correct!’ Everyone was shocked and this reaction was so different than the reactions I used to get in modern college.

Then, I explained the whole file. Everybody got interested and wanted to know more about themselves. But I said that due to time limitations, I can tell about two or three, not more than that. They understood it. And a girl said pointing to a guy and a girl that they are in a relationship and wanted me to tell whether they have future together or not. I told them that I can’t reveal this information in front of everyone, it’s confidential, but I can tell about any one of them from his or her smile. They agreed. As I started telling that guy everyone’s attention was on him, but a girl from back side pointing towards the most popular guy secretly, avoiding anyone’s attention asked me whether their relationship will work or not. I was explaining a guy about him and she was signaling with her hand, pointing toward the most popular guy and wanted to know secretly without anyone’s attention. In my mind, I was ‘lol, what was that?’ But on face, I overlooked it, smiled at her and continued explaining. Then, explained about another girl, asked them whether they want to ask any doubts, cleared their doubts and left with a satisfaction that I got into flow.

I approached more groups in college. It went as usual. Before approaching any group, I used look around if any college officials were there and then approached. Breaking the rules is so much fun and exciting. Another thing that I changed from this college, whenever I approach any group, I used to look around avoiding eye contact and then go to them; but this time I started looking into the eyes of some of the students in the group. It increases confidence and it’s relaxing. Eye contact makes a lot of difference. I approached 30 students overall in various groups and left the college.
As I came out of gate, I saw group of 4 students. One of the girls was holding a book named ‘social psychology’. I thought that they would understand everything what I was about to present. Immediately, I opened my bag, took files out and thought that I shouldn’t approach them on street-side, I should approach them tomorrow. But I decided that I should not think twice. So I approached them, asked them whether they were psychology students. Only one girl was. I started explaining file, the same strategy I used for this college. To my surprise, as I started telling the girl about her from her smile, she was shocked; all of them were giving same amount of attention and listening earnestly. Their reactions were amazed me. We had an intelligent conversation. I was glad that I took the step. The street wasn’t the matter anymore. I gave my contact details and left. The day was over.

I am sharing some insights that would help you in your endevour to design the best life for me and yourself:

1. If we are not confident, just pretend and feel like we are confident. It makes a difference and more relaxing.

2. Look around before breaking the rule. When the field is clear, then take the step. It's fun but risky as well.

3. Do not procrastinate an important thing that is so close to you. We do not know whether we will get tomorrow.

4. Embrace what's uncomfortable. We will never be the same person as before. Stretching ourselves is not easy, but the self satisfaction is more beautiful.

Thanks for reading. Add your own lessons and express your views if I missed anything, give your feedback to improve...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. iwantsmileforme@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Man Offering Hand Shake Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

2 comments:

  1. I will keep those points in mind. It was a great experience. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your views, ma'am..!!
      I am a fan of your poetry..!! :) :)

      Delete